USTA Southern’s The “Good Chase” Sportsmanship Race
Grand Prize- A trip for two to the 2023 US Open
USTA Southern is proud to announce the “Good Chase” Sportsmanship Race to the 2023 US Open. The race is designed to promote good sportsmanship and a positive environment for all who participate in tennis. The “Good Chase” winner will earn a Grand Prize trip for two to the 2023 US Open. Any players that receive 5 or more nominations will receive sportsmanship bag tags. Read below for more details.
How To Vote:
Log in to the Match Tennis App if you already have an account.
If you do not yet have an account, click the “Sign Up Now” button below to create your free Match Tennis App account.
- Use the Free Basic Version forever after premium trial
- NO CREDIT CARD REQUIRED
One account per family
- Important – Ensure that you input your player’s USTA number on the registration process to associate the event with your new account.
After Signing in, from the top of the Match Tennis App homepage, click the “Vote” button to cast your sportsmanship vote.
From the tournament details page of the event click the blue sportsmanship button and cast your vote.
Cast your vote by selecting a player from the dropdown and hit the submit button
Grand Prize– Winner receives trip for two to the 2023 US Open. Includes Tickets (Arthur Ashe Stadium), Flights (up to $800), and Hotel ($500 grant).
Regular Prize– Players who receive 5 nominations- Bag Tag.
This is a trial program that will run from May 1- July 31, 2023.
Who can vote?
Players, parents, tournament staff, and coaches are entitled to nominate one player at each individual tournament held within the USTA Southern section who has exemplified outstanding sportsmanship during the designated contest period.
Who is eligible to participate?
Any player competing in USTA L3-L7 or Jr Circuit tournaments within the USTA Southern section during the designated contest period is eligible to participate in the USTA Southern’s The “Good Chase” Sportsmanship Race.
Rules and Regulations:
- Family members cannot vote for their own family
- Players cannot vote for themselves
- For equity and fairness, each player will be capped at 5 nominations per tournament with an allowance of one additional nomination given to the player who received the most nominations in an event, for a possible total maximum of 6 nominations per event
- All players who accumulate a minimum of 5 nominations between May 1 – July 31, 2023 will receive a sportsmanship bag tag in recognition of their exemplary sportsmanship
- The player who receives the most approved nominations between May 1 – July 31, 2023 will receive the Grand Prize Trip for two to the 2023 US Open.
- If a player receives a code violation, 2x the number of code violation points will be deducted from their accumulative nomination points to date in conjunction with the removal of nominations received from the coded event.
- If a player receives a 2nd code violation within the designated time period of the contest, they will be automatically removed from the Good Chase Sportsmanship Race for the year.
- All nominations received are subject to validation by the Sportsmanship Committee
- Each player, parent, coach, or tournament official may only nominate one player per tournament and may replace that vote at any time during the tournament up through the last day of the tournament
Grand Prize Tie Break:
If there is a tie for the grand prize, the winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- A number will be computed by counting the number of tournaments where the player received the highest number of nominations. This count will be compared to other tied players to determine the winner.
- The total number of nominations received by a player throughout the entire time period, exceeding the maximum limit of 5 nominations per tournament, will be considered if there is still a tie after the first criteria is evaluated.
Please follow these steps to nominate a player for good sportsmanship.
- Register for free Match Tennis App
- Search in MTA (by Tournament ID or Tournament Name)
- Save Tournament to My Events
- From the tournament page click the Sportsmanship button to cast votes
Do you want to learn more about Match Tennis App?
For questions about using the Virtual Tournament Desk please ask your tournament director or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.